OwnEnergy’s very mission is rooted in a meaningful relationship between business and society—one that includes a shared goal of building a cleaner, safer world for tomorrow. Discover how corporate citizenship plays a central role in all aspects of our business, from the offices where we work to the staff we hire to the organizations we support.
OwnEnergy is committed to enriching the community where we live and work.
- Office closes three days each year for team volunteer work in the New York area.
- Employees are given one day off per quarter for personal volunteer work.
- Daily operations are a means to offer financial, moral and promotional support for non-for-profit organizations.
OwnEnergy projects make a perpetual difference in the world by producing clean, alternative energy that will build a safer place for generations to come. And our corporate environment is just as considerate:
- Sustainability Policy governs the workplace
- Carbon offsets are purchased to reduce our environmental impact
- “Green” Brooklyn, NY office features:
- Paperstone materials
- Energy Star equipment
- Solar blinds
- Desk made out of refurbished materials
- Motion lights
- No VOC paint